Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Lazy Lasagna

One day a few months ago I was shopping in Winn Dixie. I came across the frozen ravioli's and they were B1G1. Buy one, get one is like the greatest thing ever invented! You get two of something, for the price of one! Mind blown. Ok its not really that dramatic, but it is pretty exciting whenever it's something you need. Like macaroni and cheese is almost always B1G1, score!! That stuff has its own food group in this house! So anyway, as I was  putting the ravioli into the buggy I saw a recipe on the back of the bag for "Lazy Lasagna" and I remember thinking "Why have I not thought of this before?? Use the ravioli instead of lasagna noodles! Genius!!" So now, when we have lasagna it is this recipe because it is thebomb.com! By the way, how freaking amazing was Modern Family tonight? Love, love, LOVE that show! Now its time for some Honey Boo Boo. Stay classy people, stay classy. 



Lazy Lasagna

1 lb hamburger meat
1 jar of spaghetti sauce, any kind our fav is prego
1 jar of Alfredo sauce
1 1/2 bag of frozen ravioli, we use the cheese one's
Pepperoni's
Mozzarella cheese
Grated parm cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown the hamburger meat, drain the grease, and add the jar of spaghetti sauce. Let it simmer while you are cooking the ravioli. Bring some water to boil for the ravioli, when it boils, add the ravioli and let it boil until they start to float. When it floats, drain the water. Put a layer of the spaghetti sauce and hamburger meat on the bottom of your pan. Next layer the ravioli's, they don't have to be perfect, you can overlap them if you want but I just do a single layer. Next, put some of the Alfredo sauce on top of the ravioli spread it out into an even layer, top with some mozzarella and Parmesan cheese then repeat the layers. Before I put the final layer of the cheese's on top I add a layer of pepperoni's. Bake lasagna for 25-30 minutes. This recipe makes a one of those big hefty tin foil pans for us and we literally eat leftovers for days!

You can, of course, adjust or rearrange the layers however you like. Although, did you ever see that episode of MTV True Life: I'm moving back in with my parents, when the daughter was making lasagna for her mom and the mom was freaking out because she wasn't doing the layers correctly? Apparently it is supposed to be "Noodles, sauces, cheeses, noodles, sauces, cheeses!!!!!!"

2 comments:

  1. You sure do have a similar recipe!! I ran across this version several years ago in a magazine and I have tweaked it to taste, but honestly this is the only lasagne I make!! :) I like your name better, Lazy is waaay more accurate!! :)

    ~Amanda
    www.thesunshinetoker.com

    ReplyDelete