Sunday, September 16, 2012

Secret Ingredient Chocolate Muffins


I am always on the lookout for new recipes that are secretly not that horrible for you but actually taste good. I'm not a huge fan of healthy things that actually taste healthy, unless it is just an apple. Those are pretty good on their own. Anyway, thank you pinterest, and coworkers who introduced me to this recipe! When we first talked about it, I thought you were supposed to use brownie mix, so I tried it and it was like rubbery bars of grossness. After telling the girls about my experience I was reassured that I was supposed to use cake mix, and BAM these things are yumm-o (said in my best Rachael Ray voice, the BAM however was Emeril!). 

The hubs even tried them and said they were delicious, and he usually isn't a huge fan of sweets! 

This is probably the easiest recipe like ever! You can find the original recipe over HERE on Hungry Girl, she says not to add water but from what the coworkers said, you are supposed to!



Secret Ingredient Chocolate Muffins

1 can pumpkin puree (not the pumpkin pie filling, make sure it is pure pumpkin puree)
1 box of cake mix (I used Betty Crocker Butter Chocolate Recipe)
1/3 cup of water
Handful of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients until combined. The mixture will be a little thick, don't add any more water to thin it out, I promise it will be fine! Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners. Fill each tin a little over 3/4 of the way full. For me, this made 12 muffins. I had a little bit of the mix left over but I divided it up and added about a tablespoon more to each of the muffins. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Mine were still pretty gooey at 25 minutes so I turned the oven off and left them in there, 20 minutes later they were perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment