Saturday, October 6, 2012

Caramel Apple Milky Way Cookies

Do you guys know what today is? October 6th. What?! 47 days until Thanksgiving. 79 days until Christmas. Oh my goodness. Where has this year gone? I haven't even changed our calendar to the October page yet. Oops!! Oh and I have midterms in 6 days. Awesome.

Anyway, yesterday in my Target adventure I found some other things that I haven't told you about yet. Caramel Apple Milky Way's, Pumpkin Cheesecake cookies, and Caramel Apple Pie cookies. Oh my gosh. I don't know why I'm on this caramel and pumpkin kick lately... It probably has something to do with the fact that it is Fall, duh! I just wish the weather would get the memo instead of continuing to be 85 degrees outside.

On your next trip to the store I need you to get the Caramel Apple Milky Way's and make these cookies. And get those Honeycrisp apples if you still havent gotten any of those. Oh and get the candy corn M&M's and Oreo's if you can find them and let me know how they are because I can't find them ANYWHERE and I'm very kind of sad about that. 

By the way, you might want to walk to the store because you are going to want to eat every single one of these cookies. Trust me, they are THAT good. My grandmother was here again this weekend and she was sitting at the kitchen table right by the cookies, she said she had to move to the living room because she couldn't stop eating them. 

I used the recipe on the bag of Nestle Chocolate Chips but instead of using chocolate chips I just put in the Milky Way's. 



Caramel Apple Milky Way Cookies
Yields about 3 dozen cookies

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
3/4 granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2-3/4 bag of Caramel Apple Milky Way candies, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together all ingredients in a bowl except for the Milky Way's until combined. Fold in candy pieces. Roll about a tablespoon of dough into a ball and place on greased cookie sheet 1-2 inches apart. Bake for 11-12 minutes.


I'm going to go eat some more cookies think about going running because I'm pretty sure I've consumed enough brownies and cookies this weekend for 4 people. And I don't regret a single calorie of it. Ok I lied, maybe just a few of the calories...

7 comments:

  1. I don't know, I wasn't impressed with those milky ways. I am on a caramel, pumpkin kick too. And the weather sucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they were ok by themselves but in these cookies they were SO much better!! I need the weather to cool down, I'm ready for some chili and sweaters!

      Delete
    2. maybe I'll try them in these cookies then, I would hate for them to sit in the candy dish all Fall. I was so excited when I saw them. I want it to cool down, so I can have soup! It's nice out this morning, but I am sure it won't last!

      Delete
  2. Ahh, I love that you have these countdowns! I am so excited for Thanksgiving. Delicious home-cooked food. I can't wait! And good luck on your upcoming midterms!

    PS, I am going on my Target adventure tomorrow...Hoping I only come out with some groceries, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited too! Thanksgiving food is always the best!! And thank you! I'm kind of nervous but one test is open notes and the other I will be taking at home online so hopefully it won't be too bad! Good luck with Target tomorrow! I went in for a birthday present for my nephew yesterday and you can see how I made it out! Haha!! =)

      Delete