Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Butter Snickerdoodles

Anytime I hear "snickerdoodle" I think of the episode of "Good Luck Charlie" when it was Amy's baby shower for the new baby and her neighbor, Debbie Dooley, has that weird accent that I'm not even sure if she really talks like that or if that is just acting. Anyway, she brought snickerdoodles to the shower.

Speaking of "Good Luck Charlie" did anyone see the Disney screw up during the announcement episode for the new baby? No one knew if the baby was a boy or a girl and the first commercial during the new episode they showed Bob holding the baby in a blue blanket, when it wasn't supposed to be announced until later in the episode. Way to go keeping the secret Disney. I was super disappointed, especially since one of the name options for the new baby was Jenni.

By the way, I only watch "Good Luck Charlie" because Brody likes to watch it...

So I told you guys how I am on this pumpkin kick in celebration of Fall. My sister-in-law texted me the other day saying that Country Crock has a pumpkin spice butter. Oh my goodness. Whenever I opened the container last night Ben was like "OH MY GOSH DO YOU SMELL THAT!? THAT SMELLS AMAZING!" 


I don't really eat a lot of butter, I think my girl Paula eats enough for everyone within a 400 mile radius, but man oh man do I go through some butter during the holidays with baking. 

I knew immediately that I wanted to use the pumpkin spice butter to make some snickerdoodles. Because those cookies are already amazing on their own, lets kick it up a notch with some pumpkin! 

BAM! 


Pumpkin Spice Butter Snickerdoodles
yields 2-3 dozen cookies

1/2 cup Crisco
1/2 cup Country Crock Pumpkin Spice Butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cream of tartar

For the cinnamon coating:
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream crisco and pumpkin spice butter, add egg, vanilla, and sugar. Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl and gradually add to the butter and egg mixture until mixed well. Roll about a tablespoon-tablespoon and a half of dough into a ball and coat with the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place dough on a greased baking sheet about 1-2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes.

P.S. Brody is going to be Captain America for Halloween! We got his costume yesterday... I don't know who is more excited, me or him?



5 comments:

  1. Save me one!! Or you'll have to make them again. Love your costume- I mean Brody's costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will def make them again! Since I have so much of the pumpkin butter I will make some to take for Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa Taylor's!

      Delete
  2. WHY DO THESE COOKIES LOOK SO INCREDIBLY YUMMY?! Pumpkin spice...and snickerdoodle combo. Two amazing things in one! haha. Hope you had a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abbey these cookies were AMAZING! I might make some more next weekend! I also might have to go buy some bigger jeans... Oh well =)

      Delete
  3. debbie dooley doesn't actually talk like tht in real life. she appears in many car commercials and shows.

    ReplyDelete