Friday, October 5, 2012

Ghirardelli Dark & Sea Salt Caramel Brownies

Today was a super exciting day. Wanna know why? I needed to get my nephew a birthday present and where better to go than the greatest place on Earth? Disney world! Just kidding, I went to Target! I tried on some Star Wars masks while the hubs helped me look for a present. 

Luke, I am your faaaatherrr. Oh and I was smiling, you just can't see it.

So today while we were wandering through Target I stumbled upon the candy aisle, and it just wouldn't have been right if I had kept on walking. I saw some of Ghirardelli's Dark & Sea Salt Caramel squares and I have something to tell you guys... You know that salted caramel trend that has been around for a little bit now? I have yet to have any kind of salted caramel anything until about 1:00 this afternoon. It just never sounded appealing to me. But when you are in Target everything sounds amazing, every. single. thing. And they were on sale, so I bought two. And after I had three one I thought, I bet this would be good in some brownies! 

There are two kinds of people in this world. There's people who like the edge of the pan brownies and people who like the middle of the pan brownies. I don't know about you guys but I'm a middle kind of girl myself. Sometimes, I can be super picky about my food and brownies fall into that super picky category. With brownies are cookies, they have to be soft. Who likes a hard cookie? Definitely not me, if I am making them and the directions say to bake for 12 minutes I will bake them for 10 so I can be sure that they are soft. One other thing in my picky category are french fries, they have to be soft as well. Not undercooked but just soft. Hubs makes fun of me when we have fries because I will poke every one of them to find which ones I will eat. I know, I am weird. 



Ghirardelli Dark & Sea Salt Caramel Brownies

1 box brownie mix, whatever kind is your favorite
16 Ghirardelli Dark & Sea Salt Caramel squares

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare brownie mix according to the directions on the box. Pour half of the batter into a greased 8x8 pan. Lay the Ghirardelli squares on top of the batter in a single layer, side by side. Pour the rest of the brownie batter on top of the chocolate squares. Bake for 35 minutes. Let cool before cutting into the brownies, although I know this will be a hard step.


P.S. I'm sorry that I've been slacking on the posting this week. After going back to work this week, by the time I get home and we all eat and get lunches and everything ready for the next day I'm beyond ready to go to bed. Plus I was kind of busy riding my nephew's dirt bike that he got for his 6th birthday on Thursday...


No comments:

Post a Comment